Basis maandelijkse kosten van levensonderhoud
Huur in een gedeelde flat228
Voorbeeld levensstijl kosten
Pint lokaal bier1
Studeer in Hongarije
Long-term D type visa for study purposes - a special national single entry visa for non-EU/EEA citizens that enables its holder to apply for a residence permit for study purposes after enrolling in a university in Hungary.
Welk type visum heeft u nodig?
Student Visa (Long-term D type visa)
Prijs en valuta
The student visa fee depends on your nationality and can be around 60 EUR. The price may be subject to change.
Wie kan het visum aanvragen?
EU/EEA students do not need a visa to study in Hungary, but they do need to apply for a residence permit within 90 days of moving to the country.
International students who want to stay in Hungary for more than 90 consecutive days and who are not EU citizens are required to apply for a long-term student visa to stay in the country.
You will need to apply for your residence permit within 15 days of arrival in Hungary. This applies to both EU and non-EU citizens planning to stay in Hungary for longer than 90 days.
Waar kunt u de aanvraag doen?
Hungarian Consulate or Embassy
You can only apply for your student visa prior to your departure from the Hungarian Consulate or Embassy that has jurisdiction in your state or country of permanent residence.
Please do not travel to Hungary on a Schengen visa or a Schengen residence permit issued by another Schengen country, in the expectation that you can change your visa status while in Hungary.
Hoe de aanvraag doen?
To receive a student visa for Hungary, you must first have an offer from a Hungarian university. You then need to apply for a student visa at a Hungarian consulate or embassy.
Documents generally required for your student visa for Hungary are:
- Proof of having paid the tuition fee
- An acceptance letter from the university regarding your admission
- Passport valid at least 6 months beyond your date of entry
- Copy of the photograph page of your passport
- Passport photo no more than 6 months old
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of address or housing in Hungary
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses in the form of bank assurance/statement (around 700 EUR per month)
- Visa application form
- 3 stamped envelopes addressed to the applicant
Due to recent changes in the Hungarian immigration law, accepted candidates who are citizens of non-EU/EEA countries must pay the enrollment fee (and, if applicable, tuition fee) right after they paid the general deposit (payment deadline indicated in the acceptance offer), at least 2 weeks prior to their visa interview.
Wanneer moet je solliciteren?
Processing a visa usually takes around one month, but could be longer so make sure you apply as early as possible to avoid any unnecessary complications. When the consulate requires an appointment, you may need to schedule it around 4 to 6 weeks in advance because appointment times are limited. After the appointment, the visa processing time usually takes an additional 1 to 4 weeks.
Students are allowed to work part-time while studying, but for no more than 24 hours a week during term and no more than 90 days or 66 working days outside the terms.
Uren per week
Waarom heb je dit type visum nodig?
Your visa application may be rejected if you are not able to show proof of the required funds, or if you provide incorrect or incomplete documents.
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Corvinus University of Budapest
- University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest
- University of Szeged
- University of Pécs
- Eötvös Loránd University
- Heriot-Watt University, University of South-Eastern Norway and Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- EIT RawMaterials Academy - AMIR
- University of Dunaújváros